Máme i vlastný discord server: https://discord.gg/fgWjDdg2rE?

Phoenix -> Quebec ?

Všechno možné ohledně zámořské NHL.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Steven-H ... /139/43411" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Road from Phoenix to Quebec City

A long time in the making, this past weekend the hockey world at large finally received some form of confirmation that the NHL will be returning to Quebec City in the near future.

Announcing the go-ahead to build a brand new $400 million arena, a facility set to be a gold standard in modern arenas when it opens in 2015, the government of Quebec and the Peladeau group, otherwise known as Quebecor, are embarking on this journey with only one mission; to bring back the Nordiques and revive a long suffering population of die-hard hockey fans.

Not so fast, you say?

Well, despite Bob McKenzie recently dousing some of those flames, I can't help but think that hockey is closer to Quebec City than most care to believe.

Though I have yet to write much on this topic, I have been privy to some interesting information regarding this subject over the past few months. Courtesy of a well placed source, I can't help but think that we're witnessing Winnipeg 2.0.

Here are some of the more interesting items that have been passed along to me in the last few weeks (I've put them in a bit of a timeline fashion):

"Anyone who says that we need more time to prepare for marketing and all those things are dead wrong. Quebecor already has everything ready in place to start a massive ticket sales campaign, to the public and businesses alike. In fact, that’s what’s important to remember right now when thinking Quebec City: We are ready. We just need the phone call."

A simple statement but quite telling.

"Daly and Bettman have changed their tone in the past few weeks, saying that a deadline is not set but that decisions will need to be made shortly. The fact is that they've acknowledged that Quebec City is right there with Seattle, KC and Las Vegas. This is, of course, a tactic to keep Phoenix's value high, but it's absurd to think that any city is as advanced as Quebec is right now. A new arena confirmed and ready by 2015. Tons of fans. Perfect owner with deep pockets. History of hockey, returning the NHL to a place it should never have left. The precedent of the Jets last year. Bettman saying again a few weeks ago that he wants to "fix errors of the past" (moving Quebec & Winnipeg), etc, etc, etc. To me, it all goes back to this; Quebec has everything ready while no other city does."

Again, a very telling statement, but one that could come from any true hockey fan in a town desperate to get their team back. Yet, it begins to build from this point on.

"The fact that Labeaume & Peladeau were dead quiet during the press conference spoke volumes. They never even used the words NHL. The used "Professional hockey." The day before, the NHL was informed by Labeaume and friends that they would hold that press conference. So it was no big surprise at the NHL office, and it is said that they appreciated that (telling them prior). To me, if you add it all up, it is clear that the NHL told Labeaume and Peladeau not to talk about the NHL because anything in that regard can hurt the current Phoenix situation in sales, among other things."

Much like how Winnipeg ownership had to remain tight-lipped prior to the return of the Jets, holding potential new owners to near silence seems to be a prominent MO for the NHL when handling matters of this nature, yet, again, the inference that silence is akin to agreement remains a far stretch.

Now it gets interesting.

From Phil Lieberman of the Glendale City Council : "The idea of giving $20 million to the new owner of the Coyotes I will never agree to. As far as I’m concerned, the Coyotes effort is over.” He noted the 12,000 average number of fans at Coyotes games does not compare to the 137,000 library cardholders in the city."

My source picks up on this, saying "Glendale won’t put another 25M$ to save the franchise for one more year. The fact is that the NHL has owned the team for 3 years now and that there is no sign that someone can turn this nightmare into success... Now that there are only a few days left in the 2012 season, how could this be turned into a winning scenario for Phoenix? The facts speak for themselves, it won’t happen. A decision will need to be made when their season is over and Quebec is the ONLY possible destination."

Adding that logic dictates Phoenix's roster could wind its way across the continent, other signs pointing to an imminent move, include reinforcing the notion that Coyotes players have been instructed to begin learning French. As revealed by Dany Dube (http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey/ar ... 94528.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), it would seem that some peculiar precautions are being taken on behalf of the Coyotes organization.

The same can be said for Quebec City as thoughts that Le Colisée could not handle the burden for two seasons until the new arena is complete are being internally laid to rest.

"Quebec city will upgrade the old Colisée to be NHL-Ready for September 2012 if awarded a team. We need 2 months for those modifications to the arena. So an announcement needs to be made before mid-July or so. It will cost 7M$ to do that (new air conditioning system, new boards…). More money could be invested by Peladeau himself to add more audio/video experience during the games."

The downside here, which I discussed at length with my source, is that the old Colisée will only be able to handle about 15,300 fans and does not possess the uber money-making luxury suites that put most new facilities over the top in terms of profit. That said, Winnipeg's MTS Center holds but a touch over 15,000 (attendance at the last Jets game was 15,004), leaving the Colisée with an extra 300 or so seats to make up the difference on luxury suites.

Though those seats likely won't make up that revenue, the reality is that they will certainly prove to be a greater money maker than what the Coyotes have been managing as Phoenix averages the lowest attendance in the NHL (12,254 per game, though that number seems a bit generous if you've watched enough 'Yotes games this year...).

In the meantime, should the Nordiques return as soon as next September to play in the old Colisée, fans and sponsors will have more than just NHL hockey to look forward to as "the new arena will not only meet "NHL-standards," but will be one of the best there is, right there along with Pittsburgh's Energy Consol Arena, which is by far the most advanced arena -technologically speaking and Quebec will be just as good if not better."

Finally, and perhaps most interestingly come the last two pieces of information.

"Peladeau purchased NHL-rights for broadcasting the Ottawa Senators this year on their brand new TVA Sports channel. This was the first step of being introduced to the NHL's closed circle of friends. Buying broadcasting rights the year before they buy their own team was a wise approach."

"Peladeau has been talking with the NHL for the past few years (well known) and at least 3 meetings occurred (not so well known), with one of those meetings being a full presentation on Quebecor business plan. That plan is SOLID, a dream plan for the NHL with all media platforms that Quebecor will bring its Nordiques. Cell phones, magazines, television.. His multi-platform content approach is a winner."

Dreaming of hockey in Quebec City is one thing, yet with all the momentum that is building behind the scenes and the absolute silence revolving around the Coyotes future, you have to wonder if the NHL hasn't been planning on following up their quietly successful move from Atlanta to Winnipeg in 2011 with a similar journey from Phoenix to Quebec City in the summer of 2012?

The circumstances are ripe for a repeat of last summer's events. With plans for a new arena now moving forward, ready for a tenant as of September 2015 (ironically when the Isles current lease expires), there's a good chance that fans in Quebec may see the renewal of a Habs-Nordiques rivalry as soon as next season.

Exciting as that may be, my source still believes Quebec City isn't alone in trying to land an NHL team as Seattle, above Las Vegas and Kansas City, appear set to follow in QC's footsteps.

"I still don’t believe they are on par with Quebec, but we are not alone as much as I told you we were."

Admitting that healthy competition for a franchise isn't a bad thing for the potential group in Quebec City, it still comes down to the NHL's ability to save the Coyotes.

"The Coyotes will move this year ONLY IF they CAN'T be saved and there is no option."

Clearly the biggest obstacle to overcome for the NHL will be in admitting their trial in Phoenix has come to an end. Yet, above all else, that seems to be the direction this is headed in.

"If that happens, it (Phoenix) will be moved to Quebec because even though Seattle is proving a point that they can in fact have an NHL team, they are not as advanced as we are right now so we have the lead for sure."

Looking like the safe bet, the last thing keeping the wheels being set in motion for Quebec City is the biggest wild card of all;

"If the NHL finds a way to save the 'Yotes, then who knows what will happen. Seattle will have time to be almost as ready as Quebec is at the moment, although we have the advantage of knowing when our new arena will be ready."

Timing is everything and if the NHL decides to save the 'Yotes and foot the bill for another year in the desert, it won't help Quebec City all that much as the competition catches up. Yet it's hard to imagine the league, rather the owners, coughing up another $25+ million to keep the team afloat when Quebec City presents a far more soluble and immediate solution.

It's hard to say Quebec City is alone in their pursuit of an NHL team, yet they certainly seem to stand out as the front-runners.

Even if the scenario presented above doesn't play out this summer, though I do have to side with my source on this one in that the silence coupled with the internal push to take the necessary precautions to be ready in QC as soon as next September coincide quite nicely, all but assuring that NHL hockey seems destined to return to Quebec City in the near future.

zaujimavy blog... myslite ze by to mohlo byt realne? mohli by sa yotes stahovat do quebecu uz toto leto?
takto pred rokom sme o atlante do winnipegu tiez este ani nechyrovali...
your thoughts?
petrik píše: zaujimavy blog... myslite ze by to mohlo byt realne? mohli by sa yotes stahovat do quebecu uz toto leto?
takto pred rokom sme o atlante do winnipegu tiez este ani nechyrovali...
your thoughts?
Myslim, ze teraz este urcite nie. V Quebecu len zacinaju stavat halu splnajucu terajsie parametre NHL.
je to zaujimava situacia...
jasne to musi byt uz snad vsetkym s vynimkou bettmana a spol. ze tim NHL vo phoenixe je projekt odsudeny na neuspech. ano je to velke mesto, velky trh, ale ludi tam jednoducho hokej nezaujima... navstevnost najhorsia v lige, napriek tomu ze tim v poslednych rokoch dosahuje pomerne slusne vysledky. ekonomicky je to katastrofa, cierna diera na peniaze ligy aj mesta... aky zmysel ma este predlzovat toto trapenie? pre koho? tim nevie najst vhodneho majitela a nezaujima ani miestnych ludi...
ak bude betmman a spol. konecne ochotny uznat si chybu a ukoncit tento experiment s hokejom v pusti - co sa momentalne zda byt pre vsetkych najlepsie riesenie - a rozhodne sa povolit stahovanie coyotes do ineho mesta, momentalne najlepsim a najpripavenejsim kandidatom by bol zrejme ten quebec... ano, nova moderna arena bude az o 3 roky, ale dovtedy by sa dala vyuzit stara Colisee (po mensich upravach), ktora ma dokonca vacsiu kapacitu ako hala vo winnipegu... nehovoriac o na hokej nadrzanych fans, moznosti ozivenia legendarnej rivality s montrealom, solidneho majitela atd atd

osobne by som tento scenar urcite privital :yes:
Ja som bol fanusikom Quebecu od roku 1981 co tam emigroval aj treti Stastny Marian. Odvtedy som fanusikoval Nordiques neptretrzite az do ich stahovania do Colorada. Na zaciatku 90-tych rokov som drzal prsty spolocne s Nordiques aj New Jersey ked tam bol vymeneny Peter Stastny.
Za cias socializmu (do 89) som objednaval rocenky NHL, ktore mi chodili napriek vseobecnej vedomosti ze komunisti zadrziavali vsetko zo zapadu. Chodieval som do redakcie SPORTu do PRESSCENTRA, kde odoberali casopis THE HOCKEY NEW, ktory bol specializovany na NHL. Poznal som stastistiky takmer kazdeho hraca NHL. Ked Kanada prisla na MS tak som ich mohol konecne vidiet aj v akcii na vlastne oci, resp. cez TV.
Po prestahovani do Colorada sa moje sympatie preniesli na Avalanche. To bolo umocnene vstupom Paula Stastneho do kolotoca NHL a prave do dresu Avalanche.

Teraz ked by sa vratila NHL do Quebecu a este by prisli s nazvom Nordiques tak by samozrejme mali moje sympatie.
Osobne by som to privital aj ked pre moje fanusikovstvo by to bola mozno dilema komu dalej drzat prsty.
Samozrejme zalezi kto by bol v organizacii Quebecu....
Zaujímavé, že to sem dávaš práve dnes, keď Bill Daly pripustil možnosť skorého sťahovanie Phoenixu do... mesta SEATTLE :!: :giggle:

Takže tak. Aréna v Quebecu bude najskôr v roku 2015, dovtedy sa môže všeličo zmeniť (s expanziou nerátam), zatiaľ ale určite nie.
"The Coyotes will move this year ONLY IF they CAN'T be saved and there is no option."
Tohle je ta jediná důležitá část a tak nebo tak, nic nebude zveřejněný, dokať pro 'Yotes neskončí sezóna... a ruku na srdce, kdo by stěhoval tým, kterej právě vyhrál Stanley Cup :frajer2:
No i kdyz Phoenix mam moc rad tak si myslim ze je to jedina logicka cesta.Vsak je to tym s nejvetsi ztratou z ligy , tusim okolo 20 milionu dolaru a to i pres play off a solidni vysledky.

Moc dlouho tam sypat penize chtit nebudou a nejlepsi by bylo je dat do kanady protoze Quebec ma sice asi okolo 700k obyvatel ale zase hokej tam doslova zerou opravdu vsichni :) a nebo vetsi aglomerace v USA i kdyz ja jsem spis pro kanadu :)
Všetko aj tak ostane na pôvodnom mieste...
Getzo5 píše:Zaujímavé, že to sem dávaš práve dnes, keď Bill Daly pripustil možnosť skorého sťahovanie Phoenixu do... mesta SEATTLE :!: :giggle:
:pray:
Keď si vytvoril túto pre mňa urážlivú tému, mohol si z toho dlhého článku vybrať to najzaujímavejšie a preložiť to. Pretože je to veľmi dlhé, neprehľadné a chytám nervy.
strucne zhrnutie: zotrvanie timu vo phoenixe sa zda byt otazne snad este viac ako pred rokom, zacine byt coraz zrejmejsie ze tento projekt uspechom neskonci. v pripade ze si to NHL ako majitel timu uzna a rozhodne sa povolit/umoznit stahovanie timu, z potencialnych zaujemcov (quebec, seattle, kansas city, las vegas) sa momentalne zda byt quebec najpripravenejsi (aj ked nova hala bude az v 2015 a dovtedy by sa musela vyuzivat stara Colisee). ak by teda doslo k stahovaniu coyotes tento rok, dalo by sa ocakavat ze to bude prave do quebecu. (ak by sa yotes tento rok nestahovali tak by mali ostatni zaujemcovia "moznost" quebec v pripravenosti dobehnut)
no a spomina sa tam zopar indicii na zaklade ktorych by niekto mohol usudit ze toto nie su iba jalove teorie ale maju aj nejaky realny zaklad - ktora strana co urobila/neurobila, vyhlasila/nevyhlasila, ako svoje vyhlasenia formulavali. co sa da precitat medzi riadkami atd atd
v tejto faze je to samozrejme vsetko cista spekulacia autora

a neviem co je na teme pre teba urazlive, kedze s tebou nema absolutne nic spolocne. tyka sa timu ktoremu fandis, ale ani ziadnu urazku toho timu som v texte nenasiel... jedine ze by ta urazalo ak niekto vytiahne neprijemne ale pravdive fakty :P
Tak vďaka za zhrnutie a preloženie. Uráža ma to, že sa to stále rieši a som kvôli tomu viac a viac nervózny. O takomto čase sme už dva roky mali mať majiteľa. NO škoda, snáď to skončí pre nás dobre a nikam nepôjdeme.
Přestěhovat! :clap:
ja by som to tak tragicky nevidel.., v prvom rade fandíme svojim tímom kvôli konkrétnym hráčom, jeho histórii, úspechom a pod. U takých tímov, kde tá história nie je nejako extra bohatá (história PHX je v porovnaní s takými mužstvami ako TOR, MTL, BOS , či ďalších neporovnateľná) je prijatie toho faktu, že klub bude presťahovaný znesiteľnejšia. Snaha udržať team vo PHX je určite chválihodná, no už aj vedeniu ligy musí byť jasné, že to neudržia. Team ktorý je permanentne v strate, bez diváckeho záujmu, podpory mesta a pod. tak to jednoducho nedáva zmysel. :ee:
Viem že to nie je príjemná záležitosť, ale ak hráči kvôli ktorým to sleduješ budú hrať za iný lepší team s lepšími podmienkami v hokejovejšom meste, tak by som to nejako veľmi tragicky nebral. Zmenia dres (ako sa to stalo Winnipegu po sezóne 95/96 práve do neznámeho PHX) a ide sa ďalej... :wink2:
Súhlas. Aj keď to viem pochopiť. Nie je to nič tragické. Tiež som zažil z hľadiska fanúšiak podobné sťahovanie Que -> Col a prežil som to a rýchlo si zvykol.
Walt píše:v prvom rade fandíme svojim tímom kvôli konkrétnym hráčom, jeho histórii, úspechom a pod.
:?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: tomuhle nějak nerozumim.. v prvnom rade fandíme kvůli klubu :eek2: Nevim jestli ty to máš jinak.. ale já teda rozhodně... kvůli konkrétním hráčům? I kdyby 'Yotes vyházeli všechny hráče a sestavili úplně novou soupisku tak jim budu fandit dál... kvůli histórii .. (Yotes fandím od roku 2007 nebo možná 2006 tak nějak už si to přesně nevybavuju) a vim, že dokať měli ty strašný zelený dresy s jediným známým jménem Doanem.. ani jsem o ně nezavadil o Jets nemluvě (nutno říct, že před tímto rokem jsem NHL obrazově zrovna moc nesledoval a tak nějak sem fandil Detroitu - pravda před Kristem, resp. před mým NHL Rokem .. asi kvůli úspěchům :oops: .. nicméně když jsem NHL začal konečně sledovat.. sympatie šli od Detroitu rychle stranou)... kvůli úspěchům :slap: jojo asi proto fandim manšaftu, kterej ještě nikdy nepřešel přes první kolo play off... :ja_neviem:

Opravdu nechápu jak si tohle myslel... když jsem Yotes viděl hrát.. prostě jsem si je oblíbil a od tý doby jsem s nima i když předvádí špatnej hokej, i když dobrej... hlava Kojota mi prostě přirostal k srdci... poloprázdná Jobing.com Aréna .. každoletní předsezóní výstup všech hráčů na Camelback Mountain i vždycky vyhecované zápasy proti San Jose, LA nebo Detroitu... krom toho pacifickou divizi jsem si už dost oblíbil (v rivalitskym slova smyslu) a vyměnit 24 zápasů za zápasy proti třeba Severozápadní divizi.. nedejbože východ.. to by byla docela rána.... I když se jednou hokej na západě a v pacifiku změní, aspoň to nabíhá postupně a člověk má možnost si zvyknout a ani mu to nakonec tak nepřijde.. ale stěhování je čistá rána... zmizí všechno co bylo s klubem spjato a jediný co zůstane jsou hráči :? ... Jediný plus který na tom vidim je, že si nedokážu představit, že bych fandil jakémukoliv jinýmu ze současných 29 týmů :thumbsdown:
to si jeden z mála...
Pekne to Wanic vysvetlil a súhlasím s ním. Mám podobnú cestu, ako som sa k Phoenixu dostal. A napríklad mojim najobľúbenejším hráčom bol Upshall v celej NHL, ktorý hral za Phoenix, ale išiel do Columbusu a teraz pôsobí na Floride. A nezmenil som kvôli nemu pôsobisko. Vo Phoenixe som si našiel ďalšieho väčšieho obľúbenca, ale fandím určite tímu. A ak by sa presťahovali, už by som nemal komu fandiť a neprehovorili by ma ani tí istí hráči, len v inom oblečení...
Malo by byť zakázené sem pridávať príspevky, ktoré sú písané len na základe provokácie len v dôsledku nesympatii k iným uživateľom. Viď. Joe...
dlasia mala indicia ze coyotes uz mozno vo phoenixe dlho nezostanu:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... 952/page2/

“Mr. Daly stood right in front of us and he told us that we’ve never been closer [to a sale],” Scruggs said, referring to a council meeting early in 2011. “We were told a deal was being done and we should never have to pay that 25 million dollars. You [just] have to put it in so NHL wouldn’t move the team off some place.

“So here we are a year later, no Mr. Hulsizer, and it appears the NHL never intended to do business with Mr. Hulsizer in the first place. But we put this money up believing we’d never spend it.

“But here we are, I guess two months from having to pay this. No Mr. Hulsizer, no Mr. Anybody Else, no deals, no nothing. So we have a problem.”

The problem is the 2013 budget deficit for the city of 250,000, which will include cutbacks in services and perhaps layoffs. City officials and council are in discussions about the new budget, which will be adopted in June. Scruggs recently announced she will not run this summer for a sixth term as mayor but she will have a vote on the 2013 budget.

Scruggs said if the $20-million is returned by the NHL, “our problems and everything our employees are fearful of will go away.”

Daly could not be immediately reached for comment.

Since the Coyotes still have not been sold, there is a proposal for a $20-million payment to the NHL for next season which will be called a management fee for Jobing.com Arena where the Coyotes play. Scruggs said her research shows a more reasonable amount for a management fee is $11-million and she will not vote for any payment of $20-million. She also said she will not support paying the $5-million to top up the $20-million in escrow for this season’s Coyotes losses.

Scruggs’s lengthy discourse on the state of the city’s relationship with the NHL also showed a division with Beasley, who represents Glendale in talks with the NHL. At one time, Beasley and Scruggs worked closely together on her plan to build sports facilities like the hockey arena, a football stadium and a spring-training baseball complex in order to attract major-league teams to the city. But borrowing money to build them contributed to the city’s overall debt, which is close to $1-billion.
Mě by se tohle stěhování líbilo....čím víc týmu v Kanadě, tím líp :cool:
http://ktar.com/6/1524462/Coyotes-CEO-c ... n-Glendale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :arrow: Nic novýho.. ale je tu nějak moc článků proti.... něco podobnýho v týhle debatě zatim chybělo :frajer2:
Seřadit podle:
Ve fóru je celkem 0 uživatelů :: 0 registrovaných a 0 skrytých (založeno na uživatelích aktivních během poslední 3 minuty)
Nejvíce zde současně bylo přítomno 58 uživatelů dne stř 03. dub 2013 21:57

Uživatelé procházející toto fórum: Žádní registrovaní uživatelé
2008 DETROIT RED WINGS